Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Meet Preston and His Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Today I would like to introduce you to my guest post and I think he is pretty darn cool.  He is eight years old, he's easy going, he's constantly dribbling or bouncing a ball in our house, he wants to be an astronaut and go to the moon, his entire face lights up when he smiles and he still comes into my bedroom every night around 2 AM to sleep on the floor.  This is Preston (or Tone for short).


My name is Preston.  Today I was looking on taste spotting with my mom and I saw a recipe for red velvet crinkle cookies.  It said they were really easy to make and so I asked my mom if she would print the recipe so I could make them.  My mom took me to Wal-Mart to get a red velvet cake mix, but they didn't have red velvet and so I picked a chocolate cake mix.  We came home and I read the recipe and then I started making the chocolate crinkle cookies.  I took some pictures before they were baked and after they were baked.  I was really excited to eat them because I made them by myself.  When I was done with my first cookie I said to my mom, "I made these by myself and they are really good!"  I asked all my family if they were good.  They all said that they were incredibly good.  I'm excited to learn to make more food!


Preston's Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

6 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs
18.25-ounce box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with a silicon mat and parchment paper.  Place powdered in a shallow bowl and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and chocolate cake mix and mix until combined.  Roll dough into 1 inch balls and coat with powdered sugar.  Place on cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches for spreading.

Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops have cracked and the tops look set.  Let sit for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooking rack.

*This summer I am going to have a guest post from one of my little ones each week.  They will pick what they want to make and then they will make it (with me standing nearby).  They will also take the picture and write the post.  I thought this would be a fun way for them to get involved in the kitchen.

Recipe adapted from The Novice Chef

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! Preston, your cookies look delicious. Great job!

    ReplyDelete