Friday, April 13, 2012

Oreo Brownies

This brownie is my current night time treat obsession!  I go through treat streaks where I get hooked on one and I eat it over and over until I find a new obsession.  For instance, I ate my favorite chocolate cake with ice cream close to every night for a very, very long time (about a year).  When I go out to dinner with Todd, I very rarely order a dessert because I only want what I happen to be hooked on at the time.  I know, I'm weird, kind of crazy!  It isn't only about the treat.  I like to have my little ones soundly sleeping upstairs before I dive into my brownie while sitting on the couch with Todd watching American Idol or some Food Network reality show.  When I try to do better and not have a treat every night, I get kind of grumpy because I sit there wishing I was eating something delicious!


Oreo Brownies

1 package Ghirardelli Double Chocolate brownie mix
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup water
14 Oreos
Vanilla ice cream
Toasted coconut
Caramel Sauce (I use buttermilk syrup)

Preheat oven to 325.  Prepare the brownie mix as directed with the egg, oil, and water.

Coarsely crush the Oreos in a large bag with you hand or a rolling pin.  I leave some of the pieces pretty big.  Add the Oreos to the brownie batter and stir to combine.

Pour the brownie Oreo batter into a greased 8x8 square baking pan, sprinkle lightly with coarse sea salt and bake for 30 minutes or until done (please, do not over bake).

*These brownies are delicious on their own, but are incredibly delicious with the ice cream, coconut and caramel sauce.
*You can barely tell these brownies have Oreos in them.  They just become ooey, gooey yumminess! 

  Adapted slightly from Pinch of Yum 

No comments:

Post a Comment