Friday, March 30, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies

I made cookies for my Dad's dental office for a lot a years and these oatmeal cookies always seemed to be a favorite.


Oatmeal Cookies

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt (I like a heaping teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned oats

Cream together sugars, butter, and shortening.  Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy.  Add baking soda, salt, baking powder and vanilla.  Add flour and oats and mix until incorporated.  Place balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. I'll be trying these cookies this afternoon, with some added M&Ms, and a few chocolate chips. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you recommend refrigating the dough before baking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hate autocorrect... Refrigerating

      Delete
    2. Autocorrect is the worst sometimes! :) I never refrigerate this dough before baking...when I want cookies, I want cookies! ;)

      Delete
  3. I’ve been making these babies for over a decade. Still the best find on the inter webs. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven’t commented on a blog for years and years, but I made these and they were so yummy! Yours look so much better though. Mine were more flat and greasy. What shortening do you use? I used coconut oil, so maybe that’s why. I just think yours look so amazing, I want mine to look just like them!

    ReplyDelete