Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bread Crumbs

Bread crumbs?  One night for dinner we were having a caesar salad, but there were no croutons to be had.  I had made homemade macaroni and cheese the week before and had made bread crumbs to put on top of the macaroni.  At the end of the meal I had extra, so I put them in a baggie and tossed them in the freezer.  A week later there may have been no croutons, but I had bread crumbs and they were a hit.  You get a little bit of crunch with each bite of your salad.  I just put them in a bowl and let everyone sprinkle them on their own salad so that they don't get soggy.


Bread Crumbs

1 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 1/2 tablespoon melted butter
Pinch salt

Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix bread crumbs, butter, and salt together in a small bowl.  Spread breads crumbs evenly on a cookie sheet and bake until golden brown and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.  Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment